Saturday, November 1, 2008

Visiting Gettysburg
















It was an absolutely gorgeous day here today, in the 70's, so we decided we had to do something outside. As we are only about 40 minutes from Gettysburg, we headed down there. The tree colors were amazing considering it was Nov.1st. We visited the Military center and then took the 24 mile auto tour. The tour had about 16 stops to get out and look around and hike. It was a chronological tour of the battle that took place there. It was pretty cool to see where each infantry/brigade from each state was located during the battle, and to walk around on the same ground that these troops did back in 1863.

Here are a few pictures from our day!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've always wanted to go to Gettysburg! It looks absolutely amazing, and I'm sure it's breathtaking in person.

Unknown said...

What an awesome experience. I hope to be able to see Gettysburg someday. I have heard it is very touching and I doubt there are words to describe what it feels like to walk on the very same ground where so many brave soldiers walked. I am so glad you are enjoying so many wonderful experiences in the northeast. I love that area of the country and miss it a lot!! Miss you all even more!!!! Love you so much ~~ Mom/Nana