Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pinewood Derby Days...


Last night was the Pinewood Derby for Hayden's Cub Scout Pack at our church. It was even more fun as Nana & Grandpa Bob were able to join us. They were in town as Nana had stayed with us the past few weeks while I was recovering from my surgery.

Hayden wanted a batmobile car this year. If anyone has ever done a pinewood derby car, you know that they are not the easiest to make. Hayden and Todd spent about 2 weeks working on this car and it turned out great.

The evening was long (3+ hours), but lots of fun. As you can see, Hayden's car did very well. He took 2nd place in his Bear Den. Not too bad for the 2nd year building a car.




2 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to go, Hayden! Your car looks amazing! Anthony's not sure, but in all his Royal Ranger years, he can't remember if he ever won...

We can't wait to see what happens next year!

Unknown said...

Hayden, I am so proud of you for everything you do. We are so glad we were able to share in this special event and to see your basketball game as well. You are an amazing young man and I love you so much. I am really missing you right now!! Love you ~~ Nana and Grandpa Bob