Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Place goes to...


What a day! I am not usually at school to work until later in the morning, but on Wednesdays I volunteer in Hayden's classroom. Our school has Lion-TV every morning with the National Anthem, the Pledge of Allegiance (yes, we do still do that!) and then announcements. This is all done by our 5th graders. As I am there later, I do not get to see Lion-TV very often. When I arrived at Hayden's room, he was not there. His teacher told me that he was going to be on Lion-TV but she did not know why. To make a long story a little shorter, they were announcing the winners, by grade, of the poster contest for our local Fire Department. All 3 winners from 3rd grade were from Miss Murphy's class so we all waited to see how it would play out. They announced each grade winner by 3rd place, 2nd place and then 1st. Hayden wasn't 3rd, then wasn't 2nd, so obviously he was 1st!! You could tell by his reaction on the TV that he was completely surprised! I was so proud of him and it was cool to watch his class react as the names were announced. I don't have a picture of the poster that he made, but here is a picture of him with his First Place blue ribbon!
Check back on Monday evening for pictures of the prize! All the first place winners will be picked up at home on Monday morning by the firetruck and will ride the firetruck to school! How fun!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Hayden. You are so awesome and I am so proud of you as always. It must have been very exciting to be on Lion-TV yesterday morning. Have fun riding the fire truck on Monday!! Love you so much ~~ Nana

Lisa said...

Yea for you, Hayden! That is quite an accomplishment, and a ride in the fire truck will be so much fun!

Jared and Andrea said...

Good job Hayden!!! I can't wait to see all of you next week!!!

Becky said...

I'm so proud of you Hayden. I can't wait to see you Thanksgiving so I can give you a great big hug and kiss to congratulate you properly. Love you Aunt Becky